Monday, June 25, 2012

Where to begin...

Blogging is something that is very new to me! As I began my student teaching experiences, I realized what a community there was among teachers in the blogging world and how helpful it can be. Since basically stalking other teacher blogs, I have been dying to jump in to this teacher blogging community... So here I am!

It has been a challenge for me to sit back and be patient this summer during my job search, but now that I have landed an incredible teaching position, (PTL!) I am hitting the teacher prep work head on! My husband and I are currently living in Abilene, TX so I am having to do a lot of my classroom prep work from afar. I have an amazing team that has been filling me in on the basics of our school and grade level, so I have been able to tackle a few things in the couple of weeks that I have known what grade level I will be teaching. Since getting those projects done, I decided it was time to get started on my classroom library.... Whew! I am so fortunate to come from a family of teachers that have SHOWERED me with more books that I can imagine. My awesome sister-in-law was a second grade teacher for a few years before moving to P.E. and gave me just about all of her books! Luckily, since I am in third grade I can use just about all of them. My mom also works in the school system and tries to snag books from people that are giving them away whenever possible.

I have just started with putting my name in each book and trying to organize them by categories that I think they could fit in. I am just getting started on this process and I am starting to see what a big job it is! So, if anyone has any tips for me and setting up my library I would greatly appreciate it! I am planning on organizing them based on themes, series, and popular authors for easy access for my students and to encourage reading in my classroom. I also plan on using color stickers (like the ones used in garage sales) that will indicate which basket each book goes in so students can easily put the books back. Thats about all I have for right now when it comes to my organization so if anyone else has some tips, I would love to hear them! I am very thankful for all of the support I have had from family and friends, and I am especially thankful for my new blogging community!

I have recently started listing products that I have made in my TeachersPayTeachers store. I would love it if you would check out some of my current products and if you have any ideas or suggestions, please shoot them my way! Here is the link:

Megan Rogers' TpT store

Have a wonderful Monday!
Megan

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging Megan! I hope you love it as much as I do! =)

    I am happy to be your first follower and a Texas teacher too. =)

    I would love for you to come and visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and support, Heather. I checked out your blog and love it! I'd love to hear from you more as I embark on this new teaching and blogging adventure.

      Enjoy the rest of your summer!

      Megan

      Delete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs
Blogging tips