I have decided to join another linky party about my To-Do List since I honestly need to post this list somewhere where I can actually be held accountable for it! Before I get started on showing you my To-Do list, I have to show you this free printable that I just love.
here. AND, if you really love the style of this to-do list you can find a very similar one on my TpT store! Sorry for breaking the "never put and at the beginning of a sentence" rule. The link to my store is over there in the right hand column and the best part is that this year round To-Do list is FREE! Here is a picture of what it looks like and here is the link:
So now on to my To-Do list.... It makes me sad thinking about how much I have to do!
1. Head home to Houston to have a weekend visit with my family and attend my sister-in-law's wedding shower.
2. Bring my sweet nine-year-old sister back to Abilene to spend a week with me!
4. MOVE INTO MY CLASSROOM!!!!
5. Head to New Orleans for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party.
6. Attend our district's professional development institute (gotta get those thanksgiving days off!)
7. Get things in my classroom together, figure out things around my school, work with my team to start planning the new year!
8. Start my "official" first day of work.
9. Rock my first day of school!
I guess my list doesn't seem all that long... but some of those numbers have some pretty major things to do! Let hope I survive and have a smooth start to my teaching career. Even though I feel like I have so much on my plate, I couldn't be more excited! I have a really great team that I can't wait to get to know more, I'm starting my career in what I love, and all of my hard work and dreams are finally getting put to use. I'm so thankful for the opportunities that have been given to me and I can't wait to meet the sweet kids in my class!
What is on your To-Do lists? Let me know if you think there is anything I have forgotten as a first year teacher. Also, I would love to hear of some tips to help make my "August Experience" go as smoothly as possible!
Don't forget to check out Lorraine over at Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies and join her linky party!