Thursday, July 19, 2012

My To-Do List and a Freebie!!!

With the mess of moving and endless back to school shopping I haven't had much of an update on school stuff to share with y'all. Although, one thing that I HAVE to throw out there to you guys is: THANK YOU so much for your support and interest in my blog over the past few days. I have started joining linky parties to "get myself out there" since I don't know many people in the blogging world and I have been amazed at the supportive and encouraging people I have found! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I have decided to join another linky party about my To-Do List since I honestly need to post this list somewhere where I can actually be held accountable for it! Before I get started on showing you my To-Do list, I have to show you this free printable that I just love.
I just love the chevron print and colors! You can find the free printable for this summer to-do list here. AND, if you really love the style of this to-do list you can find a very similar one on my TpT store! Sorry for breaking the "never put and at the beginning of a sentence" rule. The link to my store is over there in the right hand column and the best part is that this year round To-Do list is FREE! Here is a picture of what it looks like and here is the link:


So now on to my To-Do list.... It makes me sad thinking about how much I have to do!
1. Head home to Houston to have a weekend visit with my family and attend my sister-in-law's wedding shower.
2. Bring my sweet nine-year-old sister back to Abilene to spend a week with me!
3. MOVE
4. MOVE INTO MY CLASSROOM!!!!
5. Head to New Orleans for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party.
6. Attend our district's professional development institute (gotta get those thanksgiving days off!)
7. Get things in my classroom together, figure out things around my school, work with my team to start planning the new year!
8. Start my "official" first day of work.
9. Rock my first day of school!

I guess my list doesn't seem all that long... but some of those numbers have some pretty major things to do! Let hope I survive and have a smooth start to my teaching career. Even though I feel like I have so much on my plate, I couldn't be more excited! I have a really great team that I can't wait to get to know more, I'm starting my career in what I love, and all of my hard work and dreams are finally getting put to use. I'm so thankful for the opportunities that have been given to me and I can't wait to meet the sweet kids in my class!

What is on your To-Do lists? Let me know if you think there is anything I have forgotten as a first year teacher. Also, I would love to hear of some tips to help make my "August Experience" go as smoothly as possible!

Don't forget to check out Lorraine over at Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies and join her linky party!
Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies


Megan

8 comments:

  1. Hi Megan! I am your newest follower! Thanks for linking up to my linky party! It sounds like you are going to be pretty darn busy! Good Luck this school year!
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love linky parties, thank you for throwing one!

      Megan

      Delete
  2. Hi Megan! I am also your newest follower! How funny that you live in Dallas, but are in Houston right now visiting family! Complete opposite of me: I live in Houston, but am in Dallas visiting my family! Looking forward to following your awesome blog!

    Ms. G In Grade 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! I hope you had a great trip in Dallas, we are very excited to be moving there this next week! What district do you teach in? My mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law all teach in Clear Creek ISD. Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Megan

      Delete
  3. Congrats on graduation from ACU and the new job! I went to TTU and work in Mesquite, not too far from you! I love blogging and I can't wait to see your posts from your first year of teaching!

    ✰Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I have a friend that will be starting her first year teaching at a Jr. High in Mesquite this year. Thank you for following me, can't wait to check out your blog!

      Megan

      Delete
  4. I'm a first year teacher so I feel like I have a ton to do even things I don't KNOW to do.

    Alyssa
    adventuresinacademics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too girl! I have just been working on things that I know I will want or need in my classroom. Good luck in the upcoming months, I am just preparing myself for craziness! What an excited time in our lives we are in though!

      Megan

      Delete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs
Blogging tips