Thursday, July 5, 2012

What I've been up to...

I cannot believe how fast this week has gone by! Do any of you feel that as we progress through summer, it starts going by faster and faster? I know I do! While searching for a teaching job earlier this summer, I always felt like the days were so long. Now, I feel like there is so much to do!

Since going out to the farm to celebrate hubby's birthday and the Fourth of July with family, I have been very busy creating new things for my classroom. During my senior year at ACU the Pinterest bug hit our education department and I couldn't be more thankful for it! I often think, "How did teachers do it before Pinterest and blogging? I can't imagine teaching without it!" Like many teachers, I have fallen in love with the milk crate storage seats found all around the teacher blogging world. This week I decided to go out to get the materials and make them while I had some "free" time. After a few trial and errors, I was able to easily put this little DIY project together and I think they turned out great! I ended up making five of them so that I can use them as seating around my C table that I have in my classroom. Here is a picture of one of them... Sorry for the poor picture quality (iPhone) and dirty floor, crafting can get messy!
I ended up adding a little tag to the back so the top can be easily removed. I also decided to sand down the corners of the wood so each top wouldn't fit so snug, so even without the tag it would be easy to remove. Once getting the hang of assembling the tops it took my about 20 minutes to put each one together. I think they turned out great and weren't too much trouble to make (I wouldn't consider myself to be a crafting queen... AT ALL!)

I've also made some progress on my library but I think I'll save that for my next post. I want to share a few things that have made organizing my library so much easier! I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July and that summer slows down a bit so we can enjoy it just a little bit longer!

Megan

2 comments:

  1. Megan - that is sooo cute! It's on my list of things to do this summer. I gotta get on it soon. Just found you and am your newest follower. :o)
    Blessings!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you get started and run into any problems, please contact me! No reason for someone else to make any mistakes I made! : ] Thank you for following me, I'm excited to go check out your blog!

      Megan

      Delete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs
Blogging tips