Monday, February 18, 2013

Are you there blog? It's me, Megan.

I have been MIA for quite a while now... I'm blame it on my first year of teaching. This school year has brought me so many unexpected challenges. They always say that you learn more in your first year of teaching than you do in your entire college career. Well, I am only half way through with my first year and I absolutely believe it. Now that I am half way through the year and feel like I can actually survive through a week, I am going to try to revamp my blog and actually keep up on here. Like I've said many times before, I firmly believe that the blogging world is a great place for teachers to connect, collaborate, and get great ideas. To kick off getting back in the swing of things, I thought I would write to y'all about some of my challenges and things I have learned so far this year.

Challenges:
  • Not letting my heart get hurt by my students when they say hurtful things. Still working on this one but i am doing MUCH better.
  • Submitting my attendance on time!
  • At times, keeping my hand from falling off filling out ALL that paperwork.
  • Putting my TEKS on the wall each day... It's a district requirement and I just CAN'T seem to remember to do it. I state my objective to my students and they know what we are learning about, but those dang TEKS just always seem to be forgotten.
Things I have learned:
  • My coworkers and administration believe in me and support me at all times. This has been a huge booster in my confidence in the classroom.
  • Nothing will ever go the exact way I picture it in my mind, I can always do better.
  • Email is a great way to communicate with parents. It keeps you connected and in contact in an easy way.
  • My team has some great ideas that they love to share... Just ask!
  • I am very grateful for all-day planning teams with my grade level. It makes my life so much better and really helps me plan out each 6 weeks in an organized way.
  • Teaching is HARD. I love being with my students and seeing them grow, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't face some kind of tough challenge.
Of course there are many more challenges and things that I have learned throughout this school year, I just thought I'd keep my list simple. What are some new challenges you have faced this year and how have you overcome them?

Glad to be back : ]
Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs
Blogging tips